It’s not just your home that requires cleaning—your air conditioning system needs it too! And as you rely on your AC for a cool and comfortable, you want your system to work efficiently throughout the hot summer months.
So here’s how routine AC cleaning improves your health, comfort, and savings:
Cleaning your air conditioner regularly is important for several reasons. First, it helps to prevent the spread of disease. Dust and other allergens can build up in the unit, and when the AC is turned on, these can be dispersed into the air, causing respiratory problems for those with allergies or asthma.
Second, regular cleaning improves the efficiency of the unit, saving you money on your energy bills. Last, it extends the life of your AC unit as it doesn’t have to work that hard to meet your comfort level.
When surfaces are not cleaned on a regular basis, they can become covered in germs and bacteria. These can then be transferred to people, who may become ill as a result.
So how often should you clean your air conditioning unit? We recommend once a month at a minimum. This way you can ensure that any build-up of dust and allergens is removed before it has a chance to circulate around your home.
For a more thorough clean, you can hire a professional AC cleaning service to come and do it for you.
AC maintenance Stuart FL is important to keep it from working at its best. Otherwise, it won’t provide the level of comfort you want. Aside from regular cleaning, here are other AC maintenance tips to keep your system functional and efficient over the years:
- Get an annual tune-up: Just like your car, regular tune-ups and check-ups can help keep your AC unit running at its best. Be sure to schedule an appointment with a qualified technician before the start of the season.
- Don’t neglect the outside: The outdoor unit of your AC system is just as important as the indoor unit. Be sure to keep it free of debris and trim any nearby foliage that could block airflow.
- Change the air filter regularly: A dirty air filter can restrict airflow and cause your AC unit to work harder than necessary. Depending on the type of filter you have, you should aim to change it every one to three months.
- Keep the area around your AC unit clear: It's important to keep the area around your AC unit clear to ensure proper airflow. If there are any obstructions blocking the airflow, it can cause your unit to work harder than necessary and lead to premature breakdowns.
- Get your AC unit serviced regularly: One of the best ways to keep your AC unit in good working condition is to have it serviced by a professional on a regular basis. This will help to identify any potential problems before they become serious. Most experts recommend having your AC unit serviced at least once a year.
- Invest in a quality AC cover: If you live in an area where inclement weather is common, it's a good idea to invest in a quality AC cover. This will protect your unit from the elements and help to prolong its lifespan.
- Be mindful of your energy usage: During the hottest months of the year, try to limit the use of appliances that generate heat, such as ovens and dryers. Additionally, make sure to close any curtains or blinds during the daytime to keep the sun from heating up your home.
- Use a ceiling fan: In addition to running your AC unit, you can also use a ceiling fan to help circulate cool air throughout your home. This can be especially helpful during the evening hours when you want to avoid using too much energy.
Your AC needs care and attention to stay efficient when you need it most. With professional AC maintenance Stuart FL, you’re sure of getting the most out of your system.
For all your air conditioning maintenance needs, you can count on the pros at South Florida Crane & Cooling for expert help. Call them at 772-238-3469 to schedule your service.